Wednesday 7 July 2010

Lindsey Lohan and an incredibly lazy 'Killer Inside Me' review

So lazy I'm not going to write one...



The person I saw it with did it first and well, his review is ace, so go HERE and read it!

I enjoyed it.  It's a film that stays with you long after the credits roll.  One that requires actual thought.  The performances are excellent and the controversy that surrounded it on its release just serves to make the film more interesting.  All of the various readings, positive and negative, have a place at the table.  I can see why some people hated it and others loved it.  Let me know what you thought.

In other news...poor Lohan.  It's not a good week for drunk celebrities! (She's not been an actress for a while which is a shame cos she could be good... Celebrity is the only thing I can call her)


She's been sentenced for 90 days in prison for violating her probation.  Lindsay has given the world some laughs in the last few years with her 'antics' but it's just a little bit sad now.  She obviously has problems but her defence seemed to consist of "yeah but I couldn't help missing rehab cos I was in Cannes cos my life's really difficult like."  Is that really going to wash with this lady?



Nope.  She said "I couldn't have been more clear.  There are no excuses." Oops.

Obviously I don't know her or her family but I can't help but think that they might be part of the problem.  Her ex-alcoholic, been to jail for alleged involvement in insider trading, born again christian father can't be much help.  Here he is on Larry King on the day of the case...




Here he is a couple of hours later 'crying' outside the court..


And here he is a few hours later, smiling for the cameras in a bar...


Is the fact that I have access to all these photos part of the problem?  Why are we obsessed with watching people destroy themselves?  Her most substantial contributions to society are Mean Girls (which to be fair is pretty cool), and designing leggings with padded knees... erm, yeah, thanks Linds.


We should probably all look away now... maybe she'll be ok?

3 comments:

TheUnwashedMass said...

Cheers for the linkage!

Derek Armstrong said...

I would have liked The Killer Inside Me a lot more if he were shrewd, but the fact that he's one of the most obvious suspects, almost immediately, make it a bit less interesting for me. Does this mean I just want conventional serial killer movies? Heaven forbid.

Jess said...

I hadn't thought of that Vance...
He doesn't cover his tracks very well (literally!). I suppose that if we take the filmakers word that the story is told from Lou's point of view, maybe it's saying something about his paranoia. We shouldn't trust his version of events.