Tuesday 22 June 2010

In & Out

I wanted to post something tonight but I don't have much time.  I know 'in & out' posts are really lazy but I always enjoy reading them so here goes...

IN

The return of Mad Men

I love this programme so much.  The performances, the clothes, the period detail and the deceptively paced plot.  Some viewers find it slow; I find it mesmerising.

Helen Mirren!

Seriously, the woman's got balls.


New York Magazine features an interview with her about her latest film Love Ranch. There are 2 pretty sexy photos... One is above, to see the other you'll need to look at the article here and view the slideshow.  I really think it's brave for her to pose like that.  Of course, she seems to be able to do no wrong at the moment but there will inevitably come negative comments from a shoot like this.  I think she looks awesome.

Wimbledon

I can't help it...I'm a geek when it comes to tennis.

I love it.  There's something about watching it that makes me think about summer and ice lollies and the end of school.  I know I'm 27, but I work in a school so I still get to enjoy that feeling.  I love the brilliant green courts and the rain delays.  I love spotting famous faces in the crowd.  I just love the 'Britishness' of the whole thing.  And I really don't mind that you're all judging me right now.

stuffnoonetoldme.blogspot.com

The cartoons on this site are fab.  They make me smile... here are a few of my favorites.  You should go & check out the site.






OUT

This NYPD dude.



I know the police do a really difficult job but holy crap this video is horrible...

The budget



Haven't got my head around all of the ways it could totally screw the country yet but i've got a bad feeling...

And finally

Toy Story 3 paranoia!


I don't think I can wait!

I'm proud to admit that the first 2 Toy Story films would appear in my top 10 favorite films ever.  They're just brilliant.  However, the fact it won't appear in UK cinema's for the a few more weeks is driving me potty.  I just can't wait.  I feel like I've got to exist with a bag over my head and my fingers in my ears until I've seen it.  I'm trying really hard to stay in the dark but it's SO hard.

Let me know what you think about any of this stuff in comments!


7 comments:

Michael Ewins said...

I love Helen Mirren. Just adore her. Sensational actress and she looks as good now as the day she started. People have this unfortunate opinion now, because of films like 'The Queen' that she's a little stiff and repressed. Her early days were quite the opposite though - 'Herostratus', 'The Cook The Thief His Wife And Her Lover' and 'Age Of Consent' are marvelous (and a little, erm... *ahem* bare). You have, frankly, made my day with those photos. IN.

And I agree entirely on your sentiments about Wimbledon. It just has that wonderful Summer feel.

And I really, really hope the weight of expectation doesn't crush 'Toy Story 3'. I'm not a huge fan of the second, so hopefully this one will be even better. Don't want to see it in 3D though. I think that's just a load of nonsense.

Jess said...

I love the second Toy Story, even though I can see, objectively, that it's not as good as the first. Probably something to do with Jessie.

Usually, I'd be seeing it in 2d but Mark Kermode, who's also very much IN, and who really can't stand 3d had this to say about it...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/markkermode/

Michael Ewins said...

Yeah, my only real problem with 'Toy Story 2' was that it was just like one big action sequence. It was a really good action sequence but there was a severe lack of substantial character development. I didn't feel like I'd learned anything new about the characters by the end - nothing of value anyway.

Well I trust Mark Kermode with most things but I don't think i'll ever be won over by 3D. The fact that he forgot he was watching it only says to me how good 'Toy Story 3' is and how pointless the 3D was. Because if you take the pointy pointy nonsense away 'Toy Story 3' is the same film. My problem is paying £4 extra for a gimmick that takes away from my filmgoing experience. And when it comes to DVD we'll either have the silly red/green glasses or no 3D at all. And that's really aggravating. Because then you have the pointy pointy stuff happening in the same film in 2D - and that looks rubbish.

Dave said...

Those cartoons are brilliant! Ta for the tip.

Here's another good one, careful though, it's hard to know when to stop..

http://www.wulffmorgenthaler.com/

I enjoy Wimbledon too, not least because I can relax & enjoy it, something I can't do with cricket and football.

SLR said...

check out my blog and tell ur friends about it

3ate4 said...

Haha love the anger one!

alina said...

This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn?t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you?ll definitely discover it.
PRO Services Abu Dhabi Best PRO Services in Abu Dhabi