Friday 7 May 2010

7 Movie Questions


Mass at The Intermittent Sprocket says I have to answer these questions and nominate two other people to do theirs.  Passing the baton is hard when you don’t have many followers but I’ll try so Yolanda from Barks on Film and Vivianna from viviannadoesmakeup (who might want to branch out into film?!), have a go if you get the chance!

1. What was your first movie-going experience?
The first one I really remember seeing at the cinema was Jungle Book, although I remember the Gummy Bears cartoon that came before it more than the film itself.  I am reliably informed that The Aristocats was the actual first film I saw.  I went with my Mum but I really don’t remember that!  I was a Disney child, it seems.

2. How many DVDs do you own?
Eek.   Too many really.  I’ve got about 250 actual films.  Maybe a few more.  Then more with TV box sets & stuff.  Really hope my house doesn’t burn down…

3. What is your guilty pleasure movie?
There are loads!  They basically fall into 3 categories.  Films starring Patrick Swayze (Dirty Dancing, Point Break, Roadhouse), films containing dancing (Step up, Strictly Ballroom, Bring It On) and Con Air. “Put the bunny back in the box.”

4. You’ve compiled a list of your top 100 movies. Which films didn’t make the cut?
It’s a Wonderful Life.  I just can’t get excited about it.

5. Which movie(s) do you compulsively watch over and over again?
I don’t really watch any compulsively.  There are some films I’ve seen more than most for lots of different reasons.  Things like 10 Things I Hate About You, Lord of the Rings, Toy Story.

6. Classic(s) you’re ashamed to admit you haven’t seen yet?
Oh god… all of them??  Citizen Kane, Star Wars (the originals), Indiana Jones (the originals), Godfather II…  Loads.  I’m a bit rubbish.

7. What movie posters are hanging in your room?
I haven’t got any posters in my room at the moment.  It looks a bit bare.  I’ll have to do something about that. 

So it’s stupid o clock on election night.  I’ve got my fingers crossed.

In much more important news though, I’ve found a little write up and picture about the short that’s going to accompany Toy Story 3.  You can find it hereIt looks fab.  Very excited!

No comments: